Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Q4 2014 Finish Along

Hooray! I feel like I am finally in a groove with some of my projects, and so, I am going to set some goals and join in the Q4 Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle.
1. Emerge Quilt 

This guy is all basted and now just needs quilting and binding. I have to admit though that this quilt has me seriously considering purchasing a new machine.  I spent too much time fighting with the tiny throat space on my machine.  I spent most of my day at work today thinking about whether I should take what I have done out and start again! I think I decided yes, but I am going to sleep on it.
2. Vice Versa BOM
Given that I've only completed the January blocks and cut the February pieces, it is a good thing I have our Guild Retreat in November to work on this project!
GenX Vice Versa BOM
3. Christmas Stockings
These may or may not have been started when my first was about 3 months old... and now I have 3 kids...
Guess that means this is the perfect time to add them to my list to finish up this quarter!
4. Tumbling Blocks
This quilt is one that I have put aside for a little while for a number of reasons, one of which is fear of failure. While the 3 items above are my priorities for this quarter, this quilt and my fear should not hold me hostage any further! If time sincerely permits, then this quilt is back on the table!

5. Depression and Anxiety quilt designs
I have two quilt designs rumbling inside my head, and while I have no delusions of even coming close to completing these quilts for the FAL, I wanted to put them on this list as encouragement to put pen to paper and get the ideas out of my head and into a more useful state.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I like your sketched layout for Tumbling Blocks, and I look forward to seeing it progress. On the same note, I think that your 5th goal for more quilt designs is a great idea. Just giving yourself this list to look at might provide the space you need to put pen to paper (which is a really fun step, I think). In fact, this reminds me, I have an article about coloring that I have opened and want to read that was shared to me by a girlfriend who is an art therapist. I hope it relates to quilt design a bit, too, and on the off chance it might resonate with you, here's the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/coloring-for-stress_n_5975832.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, your lone star looks great! Love the color combination.
    Don't be afraid of the tumbling blocks. The sketch looks good, and remember, it's just fabrics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to comment from my phone, and the internet (or the iPhone/blogger combination) eats my comments. I LOVE your Emerge Quilt, and it keeps making me want to make one, too... Very inspiring! Good luck with your goals! And I'm eager to check out Yvonne's color article - that looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete